Inspired EMDR’s EMDR Therapy Basic Training is a comprehensive course that will allow you to become familiarized with the necessary skills, procedures and principles so that you may confidently and successfully begin applying EMDR in your practice. EMDR Therapy is a standardized treatment that is used world-wide. It is an evidence-based psychotherapy for the treatment of PTSD and trauma-related problems, including but not limited to wide range of mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, phobias, low self-esteem, persistent grief, addictions and compulsions, somatic responses related to illness and injury, and relationship difficulties. The foundation of this training is solidly based on the teachings of the originator of EMDR therapy, Francine Shapiro, PhD. Participants will understand and practice core EMDR Therapy skills and procedures and will have the ability to expand these skills for use with a wide range of clinical presentations and situations. Upon fulfillment of the course requirements, Inspired EMDR and the EMDR International Association will provide a certificate documenting that the training participant has completed Basic Training in EMDR.
- Gain knowledge about the foundational principles of EMDR as a complete psychotherapy approach
- Apply the Adaptive Information Processing Model of EMDR Therapy as a basis for treating a wide range of clinical issues and situations.
- Learn how to identify clients suitable for EMDR and help them develop client readiness for EMDR trauma processing.
- Understand and apply EMDR to resolve disturbing, unprocessed life-experiences, treat trauma-related disorders and their related symptom presentations across the 8-phases and 3-prongs of EMDR therapy.
- Learn and apply strength-focused resource interventions to provide skills and develop resources to help stabilize and prepare client for reprocessing.
- Apply EMDR therapy in a variety of presentations, including working with couples, children and clients presenting with addictions, phobias, somatic conditions, traumatic grief and for first responders or those exposed to combat trauma
- Identify and apply adaptations, through an anti-racist focus, in order to address culturally informed trauma and adversity.
- As a new EMDR clinician, receive individualized support to effectively weave EMDR into one’s clinical practice with other contemporary treatment paradigms including: psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral and other systemic approaches while comfortably integrating EMDR into ongoing work.
2022-2023 IN PERSON *FULL*
Dec – Mar 2022-2023
Mon-Tue, Dec 5-6, 2022
Thu-Fri. Jan 5-6, 2023
Thu-Fri Feb 9-10 2023
Mon-Tue Mar 6-7 2023
March – June 2023 VIRTUAL (registration opens Dec. 1, 2022)
Fri-Sat Mar 24=25
Fri-Sat Apr 21-22
Fri-Sat May 29-20
Fri-Sat Jun 16-17
Sep-Dec 2023 VIRTUAL (registration opens Jun 1, 2023)
Fri-Sat Sep 8-9
Fri-Sat Oct 6-7
Fri-Sat Nov 3-4
Fri-Sat Dec 1-2
Jan-April 2024 VIRTUAL (registration opens Oct 1, 2023)
Fri-Sat Jan 12-13
Fri-Sat Feb 9-10
Fri-Sat Mar 8-9
Fri-Sat Apr 5-6
This EMDR Basic Training Course takes place over a total of eight days, and is comprised of four parts, consisting of two consecutive days, each part occurring one month apart, The 51.5 hour training includes 20 hrs. of didactic instruction, 21.5 hrs. of small-group supervised practice, occurring on each training day, and 10 hours of case consultation embedded in the course. This course is offered either in-person or virtual formats. The program exceeds the EMDRIA (EMDR International Association) approved standards. The teacher-participant ratio is 1 to 9/10. Unlike many EMDR Basic Trainings, this course embeds the required 10 hours of small group consultation at no additional cost.
- Completing the 8 day training
- Reading the textbook EMDR: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures (Shapiro 2017)
- 10 hours of case consultation (included)
Eligibility: This training is for mental health professionals licensed for independent practice by a state or national board. Interns/Graduate Students may also attend this training with confirmation by a supervisor.
Additional dates will be added if any training dates are cancelled for any reason
Attendance is mandatory at all sessions. Partial credits will not be given.
Rate: $1500 paid in full or $1530 paid in 3 automatic monthly installments by credit card.
Contact: Cheryl Kenn, LCSW firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register.
Inquires? Please email Cheryl.